[CentOS] Write to USB pendrives horribly slow

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jan 11 18:33:46 UTC 2012

Blah, blah, blah,

Being blocked again, still appears to be based on new content vs. included
content.

Which makes it very annoying when I want to include context for my response.

blah, blah, blah, new content.................

Hi, wwp,

wwp wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:31:43 +0100 Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>
wrote:
>> On 01/11/2012 08:45 AM, wwp wrote:

my suspicion is about the flush option, which I find atypical here.
<snip>
> ehci_hcd does manage my devices (it's not a loadable module, apparently
compiled in kernel instead), see for instance:

> kernel: usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 28
<snip>
This may be a dumb question, but have you done an lsusb? I'd be curious -
I know that on my brand new, as of a few months ago, Dell I have two kinds
of USB ports, 1.1 and 2.0. We also have some 1.1 webcams... and some 1.0.

See if your pen drive's in a slower port.

      mark