[CentOS] USB install annoyances (not OT)

Phoenix, Merka merka.phoenix at hp.com
Thu Jan 12 23:10:45 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----

<snip>

>> Unless someone has the explicit answer to what is the image, or directory, the install.img wants to mount to get the repo, please don't reply.
>>
>>        mark

Mark,

The Anaconda installer Python script is what has (re)mounted the partition at /mnt/isolinux, and Anaconda is looking for the next image to load from the /images/ directory on the DVD (or ISO). My DVD shows the following candidates:

	boot.iso
	diskboot.img
	minstg2.img
	stage2.img

Most likely what is missing on the (USB) installation media is either that entire directory /images/ or one of the '.img' files.

After formatting the partitions, Anaconda is probably looking for the 'stage2.img' file to unpack a basic core for the root filesystem so that the package manager (rpm)has enough of a filesystem available to put files in.

Cheers!

Simba
Engineering