[CentOS] [SOLVED] blue screen instead of login screen

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Fri Jan 13 23:01:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:34:42 -0800
Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:56:40 -0600
> >
> > THE REMAINING MINOR ISSUE
> > For some reason, the upper left two-thirds of the desktop background is
> > darker than the rest of the desktop background.  It's easier to show than
> > to explain how it looks, so anyone interested can view it here:
> >
> > http://www.melvilletheatre.com/1920x1024screenshot.png
>
> Looks to me as if a 1024x768 rendering of the background image is
> being layered on top of a rendering of the same image that has been
> scaled up to 1920x1024.

I agree.  It's even more obvious with a different desktop background that's
actually a picture.  It looks like I've got the background image properly
scaled with a smaller portion of the image (I'm not entirely sure if it's the
whole image or not) being overprinted on it.

> Have you checked whether you can actually
> place icons on the lower and right parts of the screen?  I'm
> speculating that the desktop manager is still operating at 1024x768
> even though the X screen is larger.

I haven't actually tried to place an icon on there.  I do know that I can place
an application window anywhere on the desktop with no problem (that I've
noticed so far).  I'll try putting an icon there when I'm next at that office
and see what happens.