[CentOS] LSI/3ware 9750-4i and multipath I/O

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jan 13 23:51:38 UTC 2012

On 01/13/12 3:46 PM, Ross Walker wrote:
> You will need to publish these disks as straight through individual disks with write-through cache and use software RAID if the controllers can't communicate with each other.

write-through cache is not even good enough.     if a given block is
written through one of them, it will land on the disk, but it won't
update the other controller cache, so the other controller could have
stale data in its cache and if another read takes that path, it will get
the old data, and things go downhill from there quickly.