[CentOS] Storage - posibilities?

Rafał Radecki

radecki.rafal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:56:45 UTC 2012

Hi all.

Currently I am administering a mail cluster in which messages are
stored on software RAID shared with NFS. There are several NFS
servers, every one of them exports a part of all mail files for a
specific frontend with postfix.

We are thinking about replacing these storage hosts with one solution,
maybe a storage array with appropriate disk space and I/O capacity.
What are pros and cons of that solution? Do storage arrays have
appropriate I/O capacity (X*software RAID)? Does it scale good? Does
storage capacity also scale good in those solutions?

Best regards,
R.