[CentOS] LSI/3ware 9750-4i and multipath I/O

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jan 14 23:52:07 UTC 2012

On 01/14/12 2:32 PM, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
> Going back to the LSI website to check if these 9750 have an option to link their caches into one...

I was curious, *all* the LSI sAS RAID cards say 'single controller
multipathing', both the megaraid cards and the 3ware cards (I'm setting
up a server that has a 9260-8i now).   I looked at their optional
software, and none of it implements any sort of multi-controller failover.

If you have split or multiple storage backplanes/enclosures, I"d split
the disks between the two cards, and multipath between each controller
and its respective disks.  this will take another set of SAS cables, of
course