[CentOS] VirtIO disk 'leakage' across guests?

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Jan 16 20:42:30 UTC 2012

This behaviour has to be related to the fact that the
volume group name does not change when guests are cloned.
I do not know where the confusion originates but doing
xmldumps from virsh shows that all of the guests only have
their own VirtIO disks assigned to them so the cross
linking is happening elsewhere and the vg name seems the
likely place.

However, I am at a loss as to how to avoid this.  It does
not appear that an option to rename the volume group is
given when cloning from virt-manager.  Is there a way to
do this when the guest is cloned?

Canada  L8E 3C3