[CentOS] CentOS and LessFS

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Jan 17 22:36:03 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 09:29 PM, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> From: Nataraj Sent: January 16, 2012 23:56
>>
>> The ZFSonlinux project from LLNL looks promising (native mode kernel
>> implementation, pool version 28), although the version that supports
>> mountable filesystems is still in the RC stage.  I would want
>> some solid
>> testing before deploying in a backup system.
>>
>> http://zfsonlinux.org/
>
> Hi Nataraj:
>
> Thanks. I had not seen this one. It does look more promising than the
> zfs-fuse package.

As much as I could deduce, Btrfs outperforms ZFS, and it is at the
moment only missing btrfsck (in development). And it supports (almost)
all features.

I was really hot for ZFS, but I have seen one thorough test with various
sizes of data and in some cases Btrfs outperformed ZFS, but I cleaned my
Firefox cache and history for the first time in at least a year :( and I
can not find it now.

Btrfs is pushed and sponsored by Oracle, for their uses, and since ZFS
is also theirs, I guess they will implement all ZFS's good featuries.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...