[CentOS] anyone doing automatic yum updates via yum-updatesd on production servers?

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Jan 18 11:45:25 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Karanbir Singh
Sent: den 18 januari 2012 12:16
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] anyone doing automatic yum updates via yum-updatesd on production servers?

On 01/18/2012 11:00 AM, David Hrbáč wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a site / person to help testing a mirror proxy setup,
>>> interested ?
>> What are the requirements? Storage, fast connection?
>
>ideally a large number of machines, and a reasonable local connection
>with the ability to schedule and manage updates being applied on the
>machines ( so, rules out hosting setups )

I might be interested, it depends a bit on how complex it is to set up. 8-)

We have around fifteen machines (including my CentOS test machine) on a 100 Mbps LAN, currently running a mix of 64b CentOS 5.7 and 6.2.

Would there be any automatic reboots involved? If yes, I'll have to pass on this.

--
/Sorin