[CentOS] Mediatomb under CentOS-6

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jan 18 11:47:43 UTC 2012

Mikael Fridh wrote:

>> I'm trying to use it to see photos on my Samsung Smart TV
>> (model D5520).
>
> Unsure if it helps with photo issue but for Samsung TV to work this is
> what I needed to add to my mediatomb configuration:
> <custom-http-headers>
>         <!-- Samsung needs it -->
>         <add header="transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming"/>
>         <add header="contentFeatures.dlna.org:

DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000000000000"/>
>     </custom-http-headers>
>
> http://shishworks.blogspot.com/2012/01/mediatomb-and-samsung-tv.html
>
> Let me know if it helps.

Thanks. I'll try that later.
I'm presently installing mediatomb on another machine,
as I've been having other problems (almost certainly unrelated)
on my server.

Incidentally, one difficulty I find with "Smart" TVs is that
even with Samsung different models seems to have different software -
apart from the obvious 3D or not 3D -
and it seems very difficult to find eg whether one can browse
on a particular TV.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net