[CentOS] CentOS 6.2 KS/Installer

Turbo Fredriksson

turbo at bayour.com
Thu Jan 19 10:46:36 UTC 2012

 I'm using the kickstart file we developed for v5 on 6.2 in VM (kvm/qemu
 running on a CentOS 5.6),
 but it fails:

    Error partitioning. Could not allocate requested partitions: not
 enough free space on disks.

 There's nothing wrong with the disk. Both fdisk and parted works fine,
 I can view, partition
 and write a partition table and the disk is 10.5GB.

 However, looking through the logs, it tries to run 'dmsetup info
 /dev/sda' which fails!

    Device /dev/sda not found
    Command failed

 The disk setup part looks like this:

    zerombr
    clearpart --drives=sda --initlabel
    part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 200 --ondrive=sda
    part swap --recommended --ondrive=sda
    part / --fstype ext3 --size 40000 --ondrive=sda
    part /scratch --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow --ondrive=sda

 Running without a KS, the GUI works (but I still got the problem with
 dmsetup in the logs).

 Any ideas?
 --
 ... but you know as soon as Oracle starts waving its wallet at a
 Company it's time to run - fast.