[CentOS] Redundant DHCP server with mixed static nonstatic ips

Götz Reinicke

goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Jan 19 13:51:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

it's time to start our redundant dhcp server setup and I found some
suggestions and tutorials.

But all setups I found use either static or nonstatic ip adress management.

For the static setup I'd setup two servers and copy the configfile from
the 'master' to the secondary server and do a dhcpd restart.

For the nonstatic I have to setup pool and failover peer configurations
to have the lease information synced.

My question:

Can I mix both types of configuration? May be somewone has an example
config for me? We use centos 6.2 and it would be dhcp 4.1.1.

	Thanks for any suggestion and best regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: