[CentOS] Machine becoming irresponsive

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:49:13 UTC 2012

Thanks, all. I suppose that you all are right, considering that 5.2 is
no longer supported. I was under the impression that this is an older
but up-to-date install. This server sits in a datacenter hundreds or
thousands of kilometers from anyone related to it, so I will back it
all up via rsync. Do I risk my home Debian or Fedora boxes by
downloading the server's files to them? Of course I won't deliberately
execute any files that I download, and I won't be root, but I'd like
to know if I need to take any extra precautions.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il