[CentOS] Booting custom kernels in centOS6.0

kasi viswanath

kashinj at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 15:23:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using the procedure described in building customer kenrels centOS5.0.

Except for one step where spec file to comment 25 lines from 638, I did every thing.
I got rpm files in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS.
After installing kernel-firmeware, kernel, kernel-headers, kernel-devel packages it creates OS entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst following "defaults 0" directive.

After reboot:
1. Grub is not showing up new kernel in grub menu
2. Manually removing old kernel title in menu.lst, won't booting new kernel.

kernel: 2.6.32.71.el6.x86_64.

Are there any issues?

thanks and regards,
Viswa