[CentOS] (OT): Horde initial SQL setup

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Thu Jan 26 00:34:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012, Craig White wrote:

>On Jan 25, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Bill Campbell wrote:

>> What I haven't been able to find are the sql script files to do the initial
>> database creation that were present in older versions of horde, imp,
>> kronolith, turba, etc.
>----

>Don't quote me on this - you can probably get a better definitive answer
>from the horde mail list but I think the actual scripts are located in your
>PEAR directory (perhaps under Horde/Test)

>Of course you need to get into mysql and create a user for horde, create a
>database for horde and grant permissions to the horde user for the horde
>database and obviously configure that in horde/config/conf.php (which
>should be possible with the web configuration tool.

That got me there.

After digging around in the $prefix/bin/webmail-install script
and grep'ing my way through the Horde directories, I figured out
that I could rerun webmail-install script after creating the
mysql database, user, and password, and all the appropriate
tables were created.

Now I need to look at the schema to see what's necessary in
migrating an older horde/imp installation to this.

Thanks again.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

We seem to be moving steadily in the direction of a society where no one
is responsible for what he himself did but we are all responsible for what
somebody else did, either in the present or in the past.  -- Thomas Sowell