[CentOS] confidence in partitioning tool (6.2)

Larry Martell

larry.martell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:14:34 UTC 2012

I have a Windows 7 laptop that I want to make dual boot with CentOS
6.2. My plan was to use the Windows Disk Management tool to partition
the disk, but I do not have the needed admin rights on the box to use
that. Has anyone used the partitioning tool that comes with 6.2 to do
this? Can I have some level of confidence that it will not mess things
up so that I cannot boot into Windows? if it screws up and makes
Windows unbootable that would be a Very Bad Thing.

Thanks!
-larry