[CentOS] confidence in partitioning tool (6.2)

Jonathan Nilsson jnilsson at uci.edu
Mon Jan 30 18:53:54 UTC 2012

> > Yeah, I know, but they (and I) want my environment to match their
> > production deployment, and that will not be using a VM.

do they all run with dual-booting Windows/CentOS systems? is their
environment filled with laptops running CentOS?

If you can tell the difference from inside the environment, you did
> something wrong.

well, a few differences: if you run a VM you won't be needing to load any
custom hardware drivers (especially wifi, just use bridged/shared
networking). also you won't get any of the hardware keys on the laptop to
work within the virtual machine. and i'm not sure what happens if you close
the laptop - windows may not be able to hibernate/suspend if the VM is
running.

but still, i'd advocate going the virtual machine route.

--
Jonathan