[CentOS] libz.so.1 => not found

Dvorkin, Asya

dvorkias at umdnj.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:29:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

We have an older AFS server, which was running Centos 5.5.  It hasn't been updated in a while because of the plans to move it to another server, but it never happened.

Thus, we've decided to upgrade it to 5.7…

I did yum clean all and yum update.  Everything ran smoothly and no issues.  After the reboot, zlib.so.1 can no longer be found.   /usr/lib64/zlib.so.1 is a symbolic link to /lib64/zlib.so.1, but the file does not exist.  Because of this, ssh/yum/rpm do not work…

I've been googling, but can't find a solid answer.  This is a production server and I need to have it up and running as soon as possible…

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Asya