[CentOS] mod_rails under Apache under Centos 6

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Jan 31 17:30:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, January 30, 2012 12:12, Boris Epstein wrote:
> Hello listmates,
>
> For some reason we don't seem to be able to launch a
> Ruby-on-rails
> application ( http://www.redmine.org/ ) on a CentOS 6
> machine under Apache.
> Nor can I find a mod_rails as a separate package for it.
> Would anyone have
> any idea what we might be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Boris.

There is no mod-rails rpm package for any distro that I am
aware of.  Mod-rails is a rubygem available from
http://rubygems.org/ and is named passenger.  You will
need Rubygems installed, which is part of the default
ruby-1.8.7 package install on CentOS-6.

Installing mod-rails has two parts: First install the
passenger gem (# gem passenger).  Next, run the
appropriate build command for the httpd server that you
are using, Apache or Nginx (#
passenger-install-apache2-module).  You will require a
complete http development build environment for this to
work.

See http://www.modrails.com/install.html.

This question really belongs on the
rubyonrails-talk at googlegroups.com mailing list.