[CentOS] Was Re: USB install annoyances, is, OT, hosting providers

Mon Jan 9 22:05:42 UTC 2012

I've changed the subject line. It has nothing to do with my question with
my original post, that no one seems to have any answer to, what file
"image# 1" is looking for.

This bloody email has now been blocked *twice*.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 01/09/2012 10:43 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>> On 01/09/2012 10:13 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> <snip>
hosting site? Has this ever happened to you?

>>> I own my own domain/server/subnet. My WISP customers can only send mail

So, you're your own hosting, as well as personal, provider.
>>> via my server, with all the prevention's I could think of. I have
never been hit with this (but I do have small customer base), but I have
had regular domains (like one local Bank!!!) blocked to deliver to my
server because they do not have proper FQDN.

Please - I can't email some of my Congresscritters or Senators, here in
the US, because the idiot who's in charge of the Congress' webservers
hasn't discovered that top-level country codes exist and are valid.

>> As I noted in another email, I don't have a commercial site. Buying a
static IP from Verizon, to run a server from home, is a *lot* more
expensive than just a 'Net connection and an inexpensive hosting
provider.

> It is OK. You asked who, and I answered, that is all. If I was not on
the semi-reliable 150Km Wireless link, I would be able to provide
quality service.

I appreciate your response. There's also a slight distance... and I figure
that the CIA and the FBI would have the successor to Carnivore staring at
my every email if I used you as a hosting provider. <g>

> Believe it or not, I am one of the *very* *very* rare hosting providers
in Serbia (local mostly) that provide SSL POP3/SMTP connection via port
995 and 465. There is maybe one or two providers on 7 million citizens.

> And yes, I forgot to write about reverse DNS, I have that too.

You're doing a really professional job. There's way too many over here who
don't have a clue, other than "I'll get rich!!!"

        mark