[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

Thu Jan 5 23:23:06 UTC 2012
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Jan 5, 2012, at 2:35 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 01/05/12 1:09 PM, Craig White wrote:
>> I probably should have figured out a way to send you just a tarball but there really wasn't much else and certainly nothing of significance.
>
> sigh, its doing the same thing as the code I 'fixed' from that blog I
> posted earlier...
>
>    # ./megaclisas-status
>    -- Controller informations --
>    -- ID | Model
>    c0 | LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i
>
>    -- Arrays informations --
>    -- ID | Type | Size | Status | InProgress
>
>    -- Disks informations
>    -- ID | Model | Status
>

> (I have 1 array and 36 disks on this controller)
> so the output format from MegaCli has probably changed just enough to
> throw it off, so I need to refactor it.  meh.
>
> I can't believe noone is running a late model MegaRAID SAS card with
> Linux and doesn't require error status change notifications.
----
maybe it's the RAID controller you are using that isn't compatible with megacli or the version of megacli that you are using...

from dpkg -l megacli...
megacli  5.00.12-1  LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS MegaCLI

/usr/sbin/megaclisas-status
-- Controller informations --
-- ID | Model
c0 | Supermicro SMC2108

-- Arrays informations --
-- ID | Type | Size | Status | InProgress
c0u0 | RAID1 | 930G | Optimal | None

-- Disks informations
-- ID | Model | Status
c0u0p0 | 9XG06RH0ST91000640NS SN01 | Online
c0u0p1 | 9XG067L3ST91000640NS SN01 | Online

of course this is on Ubuntu so YMMV

Craig