[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

Wed Jan 11 10:42:42 UTC 2012
David Hrbáč <david-lists at hrbac.cz>

Dne 11.1.2012 1:13, email builder napsal(a):
> Well, kind of.  If you review this thread, you'll see that the the fix
> was to stop using the RepoForge package for perl-NetAddr-IP so that it
> wasn't mixed with CentOS packages for perl-Net-DNS and
> perl-IO-Socket-INET6. Maybe your position is that you won't fix
> perl-NetAddr-IP because you only support it when used when all other
> packages are from RepoForge, but I don't think that's realistic at all
> - everyone running CentOS will have mostly CentOS packages -
> naturally.  They'll pick up some others they want or need for various
> reasons from RepoForge, so I'd imagine you'll see mixing of packages
> quite often amongst people who add RepoForge to their yum systems.
> Therefore, I'd have thought you'd be interested to learn of an
> incompatibility in one of the RepoForge packages.

Well,
I will definitely not fix it. Most of users does not pick up the
particular packages but enables the repo entity. Basically it would be
really hard to support both scenarios. I consider packages you mention
as a whole email stack provided by RF. The stack includes:
amavisd-new
spamassassin
dependent perl-\*
dependent file de-compressors