[CentOS] LSI/3ware 9750-4i and multipath I/O

Fri Jan 13 19:37:11 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 01/13/12 6:41 AM, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
> multipath -ll showed everything OK, with both sdb and sdc (the same 24 x 3tb raid6 array) as active and ready.

are those controllers aware you're using them for multipathing?    RAID
cards like that tend to have large caches, and one controllers cache
won't see changes written to the other, leading to inconsistent data,
unless the controllers have some form of back channel communications
between them to coordinate their caches.

btw, thats _way_ too many disks in a single disk group, your disk
rebuild times with 24 x raid6 will be ouch long. I try and limit my raid
groups to 12 drives max, and stripe those.   given 24 disks, I'd
probably have 2 hot spares, and 2 x 11 raid60, which would provide the
space equivalent of 18 disks