[CentOS] [SOLVED] blue screen instead of login screen

Fri Jan 13 22:34:42 UTC 2012
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:56:40 -0600
>
> THE REMAINING MINOR ISSUE
> For some reason, the upper left two-thirds of the desktop background is darker
> than the rest of the desktop background.  It's easier to show than to explain
> how it looks, so anyone interested can view it here:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/1920x1024screenshot.png

Looks to me as if a 1024x768 rendering of the background image is
being layered on top of a rendering of the same image that has been
scaled up to 1920x1024.  Have you checked whether you can actually
place icons on the lower and right parts of the screen?  I'm
speculating that the desktop manager is still operating at 1024x768
even though the X screen is larger.