[CentOS] ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

Tue Jan 17 05:20:59 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 01/16/12 8:56 PM, Elijah Karari wrote:
> Let me give you the complete picture so that you may undrstand the predicament am in, the Zimbra collab. suite is completely open source, it has a desktop version which is only available as a .i686 package. see it for yourself:
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zd-downloads.html
>
> i installed compat-libstdc++ but it still doesn't work . This is the error message :

compat-libstdc++ comes in both .i686 and .x86_64 flavors.   It provides
libstdc++ version 3.2.3, while the standard EL6 version is 4.4.6, both
come 32 and 64bit...

# yum list compat-libstdc++-33 libstdc++
Installed Packages
compat-libstdc++-33.i686
3.2.3-69.el6                                             @base
libstdc++.i686
4.4.6-3.el6                                              @base
libstdc++.x86_64
4.4.6-3.el6                                              @base
Available Packages
compat-libstdc++-33.x86_64
3.2.3-69.el6                                             base

is Zimbra even C++ ?  if not, libstdc++ is the least of your concerns.

> WARNING: ia32-libs is missing for x86_64 platform. This package is required to run Zimbra Desktop on 64-bit Linux.

thats a remarkably INCOMPLETE picture.   WHAT ia32 libraries are you
missing?