[CentOS] Can anyone talk infrastructure with me?

Thu Jan 26 00:29:46 UTC 2012
aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Jan 25, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I started a 501c3 (not-for-profit) organization back in February
> 2011 to deal with information archival.
> Database servers and storage servers would go on the private VLAN? I
> am building a box to store all the data (mysql, video, crawl data,
> static datasets) and I strongly think it might be a backBlaze POD
> running CentOS.

Hi Jason,

Not to be one of those guys who answers a question with a question,
but... why backBlaze for archival?

Are you building in some safe guards/redundancy not found in the
current backBlaze implenetation?

Just curious, not a challenge or anything.

- aurf