[CentOS] Can anyone talk infrastructure with me?

Thu Jan 26 23:43:55 UTC 2012
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 01/26/2012 09:09 AM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> They advertise the starting "Business T" at 1.5Mbps per second
> They advertise the ADSL2+ 2 lines at up to 40Mbps per second.
> Am I mis-understanding that the cost for a T seems high, but a better
> option for me than getting their ADSL2+ service? I mean, is the "T"
> faster over all given it is all my traffic and I am not sharing?
> Can you explain a bit so I can develop a better understanding of how
> they advertise speeds, etc?

Yes, the cost for a T1 will seem very high.  It is antiquated telco
tech.  T1s are generally very reliable, but very very slow.

1.5Mbps is not faster than 40Mbps.  There's nothing hidden in the way
they advertise speeds.

DSL and DOCSIS technologies have advanced and matured over the last
couple of decades.  T1 has not.  A T1 connection is the same now as it
has always been.