[CentOS] leap second

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Jul 2 16:02:20 UTC 2012

On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, me at tdiehl.org wrote:

> From: me at tdiehl.org
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] leap second
>
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Erez Zarum wrote:
>
>> You could have just done:
>> service ntpd stop; date -s "`date`"; service ntpd start
>> Fixed here without even stopping any jvm.

I thought this was some sort of late April fools joke,
untill I read the article about ntpd on slashdot.

My Centos 5.8 box is running ntpd, and I did not notice any
problems with it. I do a weekly yum update early Sunday
mornings, but AFAIR I have not rebooted the box yet.

Checking qps, it tells me the uptime is 4 days 23hours, 53
minutes.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: