[CentOS] leap second

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Mon Jul 2 16:37:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:11:25 +0200
Peter Eckel wrote:

> I did not have any problems on CentOS 5.8, but on one CentOS 6.2 box running
> a Java application.

I had problems with Firefox on four computers running fully updated Centos 6.
Firefox was suddenly taking up a lot of CPU power showing nothing but a blank
webpage, on all four computers.  Closing and re-opening Firefox didn't fix it,
logging out and back in didn't fix it, but rebooting the machines did.

Some google searching indicates to me that there was a problem with Firefox
using a futex that got confused by the leap second, and getting into a loop.