[CentOS] Question about storage for virtualisation

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jul 2 18:25:35 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 08:56 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> There are still good reasons to not require unnecessary
> stuff on your boot device in spite of the fact that you've managed to
> find one way to work around the problem on one kind of hardware at a
> cost you can afford.

Typically your boot device is mounted at /boot (or, arguably, is the
initrd) which isn't affected by the merge.

Personally, I think the merge is perfectly well reasoned, and I'm glad
to see the system simplified.  However, the wisdom of the merge is no
longer a useful debate.  It is coming, and separating / and /usr in your
partitioning is no longer advised.  You will lose functionality in
future releases if you continue to do so.