[CentOS] after last update google-chrome no runs anymore

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 3 14:37:42 UTC 2012

Gary Trotcko wrote:
> Hi all. I've updated google-chrome to recent version and it gets
> unbooted, when I fired google-chrome up I got messages like these:
>  /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
>  /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
>  /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
>  /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
>
> I'm familiar with selinux bug[1] and my issue is similar for this, but
> selinux in my system is completely disabled. I've opened issue at
> chrome's bug tracker[2] but not recived conceived response yet. Is
> anyone here who experienced the same problem?

libz has nothing to do with selinux. From rpm -qi:
Description :
Zlib is a general-purpose, patent-free, lossless data compression
library which is used by many different programs.

Sounds like a library problem to me: either chrome doesn't like the std.
libz provided in the CentOS Zlib package, or it's missing, or.....

      mark

       mark