[CentOS] kickstart installation problem

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:38:36 UTC 2012

On 7/10/12, jiten jha <jitenjha11 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install centos
> or scientific linux using NFS so it is not working and getting me error =
> "unable to download kickstart file".
> My kickstart file configuration is :

I had a somewhat similar problem with network install although I am
not sure if the same applies to you. In my case, I had to pass
additional kernel parameters to start the network interface with the
correct IP address and netmask, otherwise, it basically didn't have
networking and so couldn't download the kickstart file.