[CentOS] Fwd: Bug 800181: NFSv4 on RHEL 6.3 over six times slower than 5.8

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Wed Jul 11 04:21:37 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 00:18, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> For any redhatters on the list, I'm going to be reopening this bug today.
>>
>> I am also VERY unhappy with Redhat. I filed the bug months ago, and it was
>> *never* assigned - no one apparently even looked at it. It's a
>> show-stopper for us, since it hits us on our home directory servers.

Out of curiosity, do you have a Red Hat subscription with Standard or
better support?  The SLAs for even a severity 4 issue should have got
you a response within 2 business days.

https://access.redhat.com/support/offerings/production/sla.html

Did you give them a call?

If you are just using the Red Hat bugzilla that might be your problem.
I've heard a rumour that Red Hat doesn't really monitor that channel,
giving preference to issues raised though their customer portal.  That
does makes _some_ commercial sense, but if they are, it would be polite
to shut down the old bugzilla service and save some frustration.  I
don't have a Red Hat subscription myself, so I can't really test this.
Can anyone, perhaps with a Red Hat subscription, shed any light on this?

It occurs that I might be hi-jacking a thread here, so apologies if that
is the case.

Cheers,

Kal

--
Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925