[CentOS] installing centos 6 on an old bird

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:53:18 UTC 2012

Guys,

 I've been trying to install centos 6.2, then 6.3 onto a supermicro 6013P-8
which does not have a DVD rom drive. Those newer version of CentOS only
have DVD (not CD) iso versions so I've been sharing the install via NFS.

With each try the install hangs forever installing
'selinux-policy-targeted-3.7.19-154.el6.noarch'. How can I disable that
feature and / or SE Linux altogether so that I can get CentOS 6 installed?
I would of course install SE Linux once the box was up.

I'd really appreciate some advice here.

Thanks!
Tim

--