[CentOS] Help Installing Codeblocks on Centos 6.4

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Jul 12 18:45:08 UTC 2012

Patrick Kongawi wrote:
> To whom this may concern
>
> I have read the read me file provided by the OS.  I followed the
> directions but I can not install Codeblocks from source code.  The
> terminal tells me that the files are not in my home folder.  Whe I
> check I see the folders.  I don't know what to do.

a) Should I assume you mean Code::Blocks? If so, thanks, I hadn't heard of
it.
     Do you know if it requires less than that monster of bloat, eclipse?
b) Are you trying to install it in userspace, or system? If the latter,
       are you doing this as root or sudo?
c) How comfortable are you in *Nix? Are you pointing to ./, or did you cd
       into the created directory, and then did you do ./configure, which I
       assume they use?
d) The terminal didn't tell you anything. The program you were running told
       you something. What was it, *exactly*, and *exactly* what was the
       command you were running?

       mark