[CentOS] Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:14:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> You did see the majority of the developers for OpenOffice jumped ship
> and went to LibreOffice as soon as Sun was bought by Oracle, right?  Why
> do you think that is?

Like in all events in History, there's two versions of events. Here's
Shuttleworth's
http://ho.io/libreoffice

It had to do with a faction's vocal opposition to the Sun Contributor
Agreement more than anything else.

Oh, and the freedom fighters at LO caused the killing of the
commercial build of OO.o, namely StarOffice (which ORCL had renamed
"Oracle Open Office" -sans the .org-, and developed in parallel with
OO.o, which, at the time of the fork, was at v3.4alpha).

Of course, that's standard procedure for MS-Novell... remeber they
were the first to fork OO.o with their "Go-OO" with patches to support
MS-OOXML (which Sun refused to include).

But we're drifting off-topic, I fear. Whatever floats your boat.
FC