[CentOS] Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:59:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Just one last question: if you think this highly of OUL, why are you here?
> Why haven't you gone to their lists?

I have two AMD Opteron servers, a self-built one with Asus mobo, and a
Sun w1100z (ages old, single core Opteron).
I plan to run Oracle's on the latter, while keeping CentOS on the Asus one.

Came here asking about OpenJDK 7 support in CentOS 6.3, as I plan to
run a Java based app server on it.
Since I haven't installed Oracle's yet on the Sun box, no need still
to ask any questions (I don't even know if there are mailing lists for
Oracle's or web based forums).

I want to run both, and don't see the point of having any grudges
against any particular distro. But hey, that's me.

FC