[CentOS] n00b rsyslog.conf question - how to separate local syslog from network appliance syslog?

ignasr at vault13.lt ignasr at vault13.lt
Mon Jul 23 07:26:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

this is how I do it.

(c)

$template
Tdefault,"/logs/%fromhost-ip%/%syslogfacility-text%.%$YEAR%-%$MONTH%-%$DAY%.log"
$template FileFormat,"%TIMESTAMP:::date-rfc3339% %HOSTNAME%
%syslogtag%%msg:::sp-if-no-1st-sp%%msg:::drop-last-lf%\n"

*.*             -?Tdefault;FileFormat

(b)
Dropping not localhost. All event not from localhost are _dropped_
because of the following rule. This
is the end of the config file, dealing only with local logs:

:fromhost-ip, !isequal, "127.0.0.1" ~

#kern.*                                                 /dev/console

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages

...and so on (standart rsyslog.conf). Mind the line breaks, if lines are
wrapped in email.

Ignas