[CentOS] Can someone help with SpamBayes problem?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jul 25 18:00:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 01:26:51PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
> <snip>
> > I'm running Centos 5.8 here.
> >
> > Day before yesterday I decided to look and see if there was a newer
> > SpamBayes than I was then using. lo and behold, there was. I was using
> > 1.1a4, and there was a 1.1a6.
> >
> > so I downloaded and installed it. bad move.
> <snip>
> *How* did you install it? Is it an .rpm, or a tar.gz?

it's a tar.gz. you unzip it and run "python setup.py install" which is,
I gather, the normal way to install Python stuff (except, of course, for
those things in a RPM or DEB or whatever package). As far as I can figure
out by staring blankly at the code in setup.py, there isn't any (obvious)
uninstall function.