[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Jul 26 15:39:23 UTC 2012

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>  Even what most people call
>> insert 'mode' is a command that takes an optional repeat count:  try
>> 20i -<escape>  to get a dashed line.
>> Maybe being old enough to have used keyboards without arrows or
>> function keys helps, though...
>
> Sorry, I grew with DR-DOS and the Wordstar hotkeys. ie Ctrl-K-B
> Ctrl-K-K (mark text block). It's engraved in my brain cells.

Gag. I loathed Wordstar. The first word processor I ever voluntarily used,
and still prefer to Dirt, er, Word, was WordPerfect 5. That was
*useable*.*

> That's why I use Joe... or "pico" back in the days of Caldera OpenLinux
> 2.3...

<alt.religion.editors>
vi. emacs is a great (I suppose) windowing operating system masquerading
as a text editor.
</alt.religion.editors>

Wonder if I could configure the *best* text editor ever to run under wine:
brief.

       mark

* My old criteria for evaluating a word processor: since the primary
function of a word processor is to replace a typewriter, if I couldn't sit
down and write and print out a letter inside of 5 min, then its interface
and bells & whistles have overwhelmed its primary function.

Btw, in ->'95<-, in a review of word processors, PC Mag noted that 90% of
the users, *then*, never used more than 10% of the capabilities, and of
the remaining 10%, they used some of them no more than 10% of the time.

But we need 100M+ word processors....