[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:54:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>> Yes, let's go back to the days of typing the boot code in hex to get
>> the system started.   It's all optional
>
> jesus christ a basic network connection is configured
> within 30 seconds wich some
>
> echo "whatever" >> file

Umm, no.  It takes me longer than that to find the mac address on the
interface in question.

> if someone is too lazy/stupid to configure the network
> with a base-install why in the world does he do a base-install
> at all?

My machines usually have 6 interfaces or so, are set up in one
location, then moved to the production location with the final
configuration (including IP's) done by operators that are better at
windows than linux.  Sorry if that doesn't match your view of the way
the world should work.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com