[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:49:56 UTC 2012

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:42:05 AM Fernando Cassia wrote:
> My opinion after this experience is that it'd help for CentOS to
> include system-config-network-tui as part of the base install.

The question becomes "Does upstream include it in their upstream EL?"  If the answer is yes, it will be included.  If the answer is no, it will not be included, as a rule of thumb.

> Just think the opposite: what would be the expense-damage of including
> it as part of the base install?. Would it:
>
> 1. Break the OS

Yes.  It would break the bug-for-bug, feature-for-feature, compatibility with upstream EL, which is one of the goals of CentOS.