[CentOS] QT menu decorations missing on Centos 6

Sun Jul 8 20:05:47 UTC 2012
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

See this screenshot for an example of what I get when I run qtconfig-qt4 on
Centos 6 and select a menu:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/screenshot-qt-example.png

If the list is long, the menu extends from the top to the bottom of my
physical screen, with a little arrow at the top and the bottom which, if I sit
the mouse pointer on the arrow, makes the list scroll up and down.

As you can see, the decorations (scroll bar, etc) are missing.  I don't think
it's a configuration issue, but rather an issue of a missing library, or
missing functionality in a library.  The program appears to be trying to use a
qt function that doesn't exist on this computer so it's doing some kind of a
fallback to a bare-bones menu list.