[CentOS] 3TB usb drive won't mount

Tue Jul 17 08:05:47 UTC 2012
Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs at stdin.nl>

Stumbled upon this somewhat old post, but I'll offer a suggestion nonetheless.

> And this I just can't get my head around, why is /dev/sda1 not created?
> /dev/sda shows up as expected and the kernel even recognizes that there is
> a sda1 partition but the device entry isn't created.
Perhaps you don't have GPT support enabled in the kernel (CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION)
IIRC. In the dmesg output you posted, there's also no log entry showing the
detected partitions, leading me to suspect that the kernel doesn't know about
GPT partitions.

Hope this helps anyone,

Matthijs