[CentOS] YUM FAILED AFTER YUM CLEANALL

Thu Jul 19 11:31:34 UTC 2012
arun kumar <arunjones.kumar89 at gmail.com>

Dear all,

my yum was working fine.
I was just trying to remove cache from yum through yum cleanall, after that
i tried to do yum update, but it failed to do update and giving fallowing
error

bash-4.1# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

i later checked the var/cache/yum and var/lib/yum.....all the "base",
"extras", "updates", "centosplus", "rpmforge"
folders are empty......i dont know what happened.

can any one please solve this error and help me to set yum working again.

Regards
--
Arun Kumar Somavarapu
Project-JRF