[CentOS] leap second

Mon Jul 2 17:45:28 UTC 2012
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 07:37:46PM +0200, Peter Eckel wrote:
> Maybe 24 hours notification in advance did not seem long enough for
> the smear interval. I doubt it, because I would not really like the time
> to differ from the real time for more than a day.

Yeah, there are some regularity requirements in some industries that the
server clocks are within 100ms of UTC (or, at least, that's how internal
audit have interpreted the regulations where I work).

Allowing the clock to drift by a second would normally be bad, but I
guess it wouldn't matter on a non-business day.  (Well, non-business
for 95% of the company where this matters - some areas were still open).

--

rgds
Stephen