[CentOS] leap second

Fri Jul 6 13:41:11 UTC 2012
Nicolas Ross <rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca>

> You could have just done:
> service ntpd stop; date -s "`date`"; service ntpd start
> Fixed here without even stopping any jvm.
Would have loved to know that then ;-)

We have 2 8-node clusters that runs many java applications, and many
java applications on seperate servers. I went nuts when all java running
servers cam to 100%  cpu all at once !

The guy I spoke to at RedHat GSS at about 00:45 UTC baiscly told me to
reboot the server, wich ended up rebooting our 2 clusters... Bad... But
since computers all over the world crashed, our clients did understood
that the problem was far lower than they beleived it...