[CentOS] php-pear missing from 5.8 (i386) metadata?

Thu Jul 12 19:38:20 UTC 2012
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hi Johnny,

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 14:09 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Something is broken about your configuration.

Hahaha! It's been a while since I set up this system. There's an
exclude=php-pear in my repo config that I'd totally forgotten about. I
put it in to avoid an update to that package possibly blowing away hand
added PEAR packages.

Just today I decided to upgrade from php to php53 and removed all php*
packages before proceeding. Checked everything including the data files
in /var/cache/yum, no mention of pear there either. What I did not check
was my repo config. Doh!

Thank you for putting me straight and sorry for the fuzz. At least I
learned that an exclude in the repo config not only filters the package
on yum execution, it completely filters it from the local cached
metadata which I grepped.

If you missed my previous post, thank you and the rest of the team very
much for yet another fine release!

Regards,
Leonard.