[CentOS] Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

Thu Jul 19 11:47:20 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/18/2012 04:45 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>         mark "and I wouldn't support Larry Ellison if I have any options"
> Yeah, sticking it to the company that's developing and supporting open
> source GPL Java sounds sensible...
> *sarcasm*
>
> FC

No, java is not open source.  Didn't you know that the APIs are
patented.  You did see that Oracle sued Google for making a Derivative
work of java, right?  Open source is open source ... this suing people
for using open source to create derivative works is buillshit ...
however it is standard operating procedure for Oracle.

You did see the majority of the developers for OpenOffice jumped ship
and went to LibreOffice as soon as Sun was bought by Oracle, right?  Why
do you think that is?