[CentOS] Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

Thu Jul 19 15:17:11 UTC 2012
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> If Android was not wildly popular, Oracle would not have done anything
> about it.  Since it is, they want $$.

Money is so evil! how they dare license a technology... even if it's
open source...
*sarcasm*

http://www.businessinsider.com/java-inventor-google-totally-slimed-sun-2012-4

Java Inventor: 'Google Totally Slimed Sun'
Matt Rosoff | Apr. 30, 2012, 12:38 PM

Java creator James Gosling thinks that Google "totally slimed" Sun by
using big parts of Java without paying a license, and says that he
agrees with Oracle in the lawsuit between the companies.

That may be a bit surprising, because Gosling quit his job at Sun
shortly after Oracle bought the company, and has been critical of
Oracle in some blog posts since then. Then, last March, Gosling took a
job at Google. He's since quit that job to work for a startup.

Gosling is widely considered the father of Java, as he invented the
first version of the Java language and other pieces of the platform
back in 1994.

On Saturday, Gosling wrote a brief blog post clarifying his position
on the Oracle-Google case after a news article got it wrong.

As he put it:

Just because Sun didn't have patent suits in our genetic code doesn't
mean we didn't feel wronged. While I have differences with Oracle, in
this case they are in the right. Google totally slimed Sun. We were
all really disturbed, even [then-CEO] Jonathan [Schwartz]: he just
decided to put on a happy face and tried to turn lemons into lemonade,
which annoyed a lot of folks at Sun.

FC